Mother finds son not breathing following drug overdose

0

A Stoke-on-Trent father has become the latest victim in the Monkey Dust epidemic, an inquest was told today.

Mark Adrian Bould, 37, of no fixed abode, died on the 28th November after a drug overdose.

The court heard it may have been as a result of the drug Monkey Dust.

There has been a sharp rise in the number of fatalities due to the use of Monkey Dust in the past few years.

On Saturday 25th November, Mr Bould went to his mother’s house on Whitfield Road, Ball Green, around 2pm, having already taken the drugs.

He then fell asleep after having dinner and didn’t wake up, despite his family’s attempts.

They could talk to him “but he wouldn’t open his eyes only raised his eyebrows, like he was listening” said Ms Kay Bould, his mother, in her evidence to the coroner.

Mr Bould, who had contracted Hepatitis C, needed to be woken up to go to the chemist to get his daily prescription because of his drug addiction.

His mother told the coroner: “I went to make a cup of tea around midday and when I came back I realised he had stopped snoring”.

Ms Bould called the paramedics but Mr Bould was pronounced dead shortly after they arrived.

Having struggled with mental health issues, and drug problems since a teenager, Mr Bould had attempted to take his own life three weeks prior.

From 2016 his family noticed that he “started to take something that changed him”, said Ms Bould, something she believes is Monkey Dust.

“He became frightened, terrified all the time. He would close the curtains and say people were in the garden”.

Assistant Coroner to Stoke-on-Trent and North Staffordshire, Mr David James, found “the state of his liver would not be able to digest the cocktail of drugs that Mark was used to taking”.

Pathologist, Dr Paul Simcock, determined the death was the effect of combined toxic drug use as well as the effects Mr Bould suffered because of Hepatitis C.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.