Port Vale Esports crash out of the European Cup in the Quarter Finals.


It was a busy Monday night for Port Vale Esports as they played four games in a row, two of which were in the European Cup Quarter Finals.

The night started brilliantly for the Valiants. A comfortable 3-1 win over Strenua FC in the Premier Cup looked to set the mood for the rest of the evening.

However, it was not to be. Vale slumped to a heavy 5-0 defeat to QPR eSports in the League.

Two matches down, two to go – but these were undoubtedly the most important matches of the evening, with a place in the Semi-Finals of the European Cup at stake. Standing in Vale’s way was French side, Igamerz.

After a closely fought 0-0 draw in the first leg – it was all to play for in the return fixture. However, Vale produced the sort of performance that will not live long in the memory of anyone watching.

Barely five in-game minutes had passed before the French side got the opening goal of the tie. A simple through ball cut the Vale defence open, and although Valiants ‘keeper did well to stop the initial effort, he could do little to stop the forward finishing off the rebound.

Port Vale struggled to create any clear-cut opportunities and found themselves two down within 21 minutes. The poor set-piece defending from last week reared its ugly head, as Vale couldn’t deal with a routine corner. The ball fell nicely to an Igamerz player, who nodded the ball past the Valiants ‘keeper.

two nil

Igamerz celebrate going two-nil up


Vale began to push for a goal and found it a minute before the half. A neat passing move, finished emphatically on the volley by Canadasbesteh. The comeback was well a truly on.

vale goal

Vale get one back


But just ten minutes after the restart that comeback flame was flickering. Igamerz won a free-kick on the edge of the area and opted to play it short before whipping it into the box. In a moment of confusion, Vale’s keeper came rushing out, only to see the ball drift over his head, for Nerull29 to grab his second of the game.


A moment of madness from the Port Vale keeper.


From there the game drifted away from Vale, as did their chances of progressing to the semi-finals. 3-1 the final score. The result flattering the Valiants who were poor in the second leg.

Corey Davies, player-manager of the side was disappointed with his team’s performance, saying : “We simply weren’t good enough tonight.

“Having four games in one night is always tough”

Davies added: “We are gutted about the defeats.

“I apologise to the fans”.


Vale will not have time to lick their wounds however, as they face a difficult task on Tuesday night. The Valiants take on unbeaten top of the table side Epsilon, it what should be a stern test for the Staffordshire side.

Full match highlights on any of Monday night’s games can be found on the Port Vale Youtube page. As well as a live stream of tonight’s game against Epsilon.

Keep up-to date with all the league tables by visiting VPG.





About Author

Comments are closed.