Four Burton men plead guilty to child sex offences

0

Four Burton-upon-Trent men pleaded guilty to child sex offences at Stafford Crown Court on Friday (February 9).

Taiyab Hussain, Mohammed Hizar Rizwan, Shaheem Ratyal and Sohail Raja Ali will all be sentenced on April 16 at Stafford Crown Court.

Officers arrested the men after four girls, aged 13 and 14 at the time of the incidents, told police that they had been sexually abused between December 2016 and March 2017.

Hussain, 19, of Shobnall Street, Burton-upon-Trent, pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual activity with a child, two counts of causing a child to engage in sexual activity and two counts of possession of an indecent photograph of a child.

Rizwan, 18, of Derby Road, Burton-upon-Trent, pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual activity with a child, one count of causing a child to engage in sexual activity and one count of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

Ratyal, 19, of Grange Street, Burton-upon-Trent, pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and five counts of causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

Ali, 19, of Weston Park Avenue, Burton-upon-Trent, pleaded guilty to three counts of sexual activity with a child and one count of causing a child to engage in sexual activity.

Detective Inspector Simon Caton, the Senior Investigating Officer for the investigation, from the force’s Child Sexual Exploitation Team, said: “These vulnerable girls found themselves in an impossible situation at the hands of these men who clearly acted together using coercion and intimidation to take advantage of them.

“Tackling child sexual exploitation and sexual abuse, both current and non-recent remains an absolute priority for us.

“I would urge anyone who has been a victim of such crimes to come forward and report this to us, we will listen and you and your families will be supported by specially-trained detectives and social workers.”

John Wood, chair of the Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board, said: “The primary concern of all the agencies involved in the investigation has been to safeguard the young girls making the allegations and ensure that they have been seen, heard and protected.

“In recent years there has been visible progress from safeguarding campaigns including ‘Say no to Abuse’ to make children and young people aware of the different ways in which they can be targeted.

“I hope this sends out a strong message that child sexual abuse will not be tolerated in our communities and that people who report such matters will be listened to and supported.”

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.