In less than four weeks, Christmas will all be over. Before it’s officially over, we must endure chaos of the Boxing Day sales. Scenes in the shopping centre will rival those of Black Friday, as die-hard shoppers will try to get the best deals.
Here are some tips to help you boss the Boxing Day sales, sometimes without leaving the comfort of your bed as you nurse your Christmas hangover.
- Don’t panic buy. You may feel stressed by the fast-paced nature of the Boxing Day sales. Try not to buy things you don’t need in a panic. Try to have an idea in your head of the things you want to buy in order to save money.
- Do it online. Most stores will launch their Boxing Day sale online as well as in store. Shop in your pyjamas instead of braving the crowds and the queues.
- Do it on Christmas Day. Some stores actually launch their sale on Christmas Day! If you’ve had your eye on something, check the site whilst you wait for your Christmas dinner to bag it first.
- Be systematic. Don’t just aimlessly wander through the shopping centre. Plan your route to make the most of your time. You want to methodically search rails and stands in an organised manner to ensure you don’t miss anything.
- Buy next years’ Christmas presents. Picking up a Christmas present or two for next year will save you money in the long run, stock up early to ease the stress.
- Wait it out a few weeks. Instead of diving into the Boxing Day sales on Boxing Day, wait a few weeks. Most stores will reduce their sale stock again. That’s when you pick up the real bargains. Wrapping paper and tags are also something to stock up on whilst it’s cheap.
- Take bags with you. Nothing will spoil your shopping experience more than scraping around your purse for coppers in every shop for a 5p carrier bag.
- Dress comfortably. I know you want to wear that brand new pair of boots you got for Christmas, but it’s not worth the blisters.
- Take food with you. You do not want to be trying to get a table in Wetherspoons when the Boxing Day sale is on. Take an on-the-go lunch and snacks in your bag.
- Enjoy yourself. If you don’t want to go, don’t force yourself. You need to be in the right frame of mind to tackle the sales.
With these tips in mind, go out and bag those bargains on Boxing Day.
Featured image courtesy of PRodriguez