Hanley woman dies after cocktail of drugs and alcohol, inquest told

0

A 43-year-old woman was found dead in her Hanley flat after overdosing on a cocktail of drugs and alcohol, an inquest heard.

Joanne Emma Bennett, of Kibworth Grove, had a long history of drink and drug abuse spanning back years before she overdosed on August 6 2016, Senior Coroner Ian Smith told North Staffordshire Coroner’s Court.

Trevor Walchester, Joanne’s partner of 14 years, did not attend the inquest but in a statement said: “We took our drugs together, we did everything together.”

Mr Walchester also explained how his partner had at least four cans of strong lager and smoked 20 cigarettes a day.

The court heard how the unemployed couple had shared a bag of heroin on August 5 last year, and an ambulance crew was called to the property after reports of an unconscious female.

But after dinner the following day, the couple ordered more heroin.

When the package was delivered, they also received two pipes of Monkey Dust to sample for free.

Mr Walchester described how after taking the drugs, he found Miss Bennett lying on her back in the doorway to the living room and kitchen.

He began to start chest presses on his partner after finding no pulse and called for an ambulance.

Miss Bennett was given four doses of adrenaline but went into cardiac arrest after 22 minutes and was pronounced dead at 5.07pm.

In a statement, Pathologist Dr Hiam Ali, who carried out the post-mortem examination, said Miss Bennett had bruising to her thighs and groin from excessive injecting.

Dr Ali found traces of Ethanol, Diazepam, Methadone, Morphine and Codeine in her blood as well as the Heroin and Monkey Dust as previously stated.

The cause of death was fatal opiate and opioid poisoning with the combination of drugs found in her system.

Senior Coroner Mr Smith recorded a conclusion of a drug and alcohol-related death with Joanne dying as a result of opiate and opioid poisoning.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.