Fifteen pets die in Talke house explosion and fire

0

Fifteen pets including rabbits and dogs have died in a house explosion and fire in Newcastle-under-Lyme.

The blaze started in a house on Lodge Road in Talke.

The fire started at around 3.06pm.

Locals have taken to Facebook to explain that there was an explosion which blew out the living room window and say the house was quickly engulfed with flames.

One resident of Lodge Road, Joe Tilstone, said: “The fire brigade arrived pretty quickly and there’s now lots of people stood outside.

“I think everyone’s okay as I haven’t seen an ambulance.”

A spokesperson for Staffordshire Police said: “There are no reported injuries.”

Emergency services are still on the scene.

More to follow.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.