By StaffsLive Reporter: A candle has caused a severe fire at a flat in Norton Green.
Firefighters were called to the ground floor address on Maple Close just before 5.50am this morning (August 20).
The residents of the flat had managed to escape after the candle had been left unattended.
The fire caused severe damage to the bedroom of the property.
A spokesperson for Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Anyone using candles is reminded never to leave them burning unattended and to ensure they are in a suitable candle holder on an appropriate surface.”