By StaffsLive Reporter: Stoke Easy Rider Potters youngster Richie Worrall has moved a step closer to qualifying for the World Under-21 Championship final.
A runner-up finish in his quarter-final in Holland this evening (May 19) was enough to secure a semi-final berth.
Worrall, who has been in impressive form this season, scored 14 points from his five qualifying rides.
The Potters ace was tied with Coventry Bees’ Polish racer Przemyslaw Pawlicki, meaning a run-off was required to settle the meeting.
But a fall by Worrall allowed Pawlicki to take the flag and secure the win.
- 1st Przemyslaw Pawlicki (Poland) – 14
- 2nd Ritchie Worrall (United Kingdom) – 14
- 3rd Peter Pawlicki (Poland) – 13
- 4th Andrew Lebedev (Latvia) – 12
- 5th David Bellego (France) – 10
- 6th Jan Holub (Czech Republic) – 9
- 7th Alex Davies (Australia) – 7
- 8th Tom Perry (United Kingdom) – 7