Archive for October, 2011
Port Vale reserve team coach Gareth Owen has said he is proud of the team despite their heavy defeat to local rivals Stoke City.
Vale lost 6-2 to the Potters in the Central League Cup earlier this week, but Owen said it was a great experience for his side to face.
A scheme designed to keep children safe on Halloween and bonfire night has been launched.
The Take Care and Be Aware campaign is being promoted by Staffordshire County Council, Staffordshire Police and Staffordshire Fire and Rescue to make youngsters aware of safety.
The future of one of Hanley’s biggest nightclubs is under threat after its owner went into administration.
Luminar, the company that runs Liquid, on Brunswick Street, blamed the refusal of banks to extend its loan facilities for the news, which leaves 3,000 jobs across the UK in doubt.
A serious injury to Mamady Sidibe took the gloss off an emphatic win for Stoke City Reserves as they thrashed local rivals Port Vale 6-2 at Vale Park.
The Malian striker, making just his second appearance after recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon, is believed to have dislocated his knee after an impressive performance in which he scored Stoke’s third goal.
Staffordshire Police have welcomed the scrapping of a planned themed night which had encouraged students to “Bare as you Dare”.
Naked Nights UK had planned to run the event in Hanley today (October 27) and issued hundreds of flyers promoting the night.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a robbery at a petrol station in Perton.
A man brandishing a crowbar went into the Sainsbury’s petrol station on Anders Square at 9.15pm on October 22 and stole cash before fleeing when staff raised the alarm.
A Staffordshire-based building company has closed, despite winning a contract to work on the 2012 Olympic village.
Burntwood firm Parry Bowen Ltd ceased trading this week, putting 150 people out of work.
One of Britain’s hottest boy bands have been lifting the lid on their new album for people in Stoke-on-Trent.
JLS visited to Stoke-on-Trent to chat about their new album on Signal 1 radio’s breakfast show with Perry and Louise.
Children have been learning about fire safety at Hanley Community Fire Station.
The event aimed to make youngsters aware of fire hazards and teach them about fire safety in a fun and entertaining way.